Competition


Eligibility

Project Topic: Any topic related to engineering and/or technology regardless of discipline

Participant: Any young professionals at the age of 18 - 30 (for Sections other than Secondary School Section)

Current secondary school students in Hong Kong or Macau aged under 25 years old (for Secondary School Section)

Awards

Secondary School Section AWARDS

 

e-Certificate

Trophy

Prize

Shadowing Opportunity

All Participants

Champion

HK$1,5001

2

1st Runner Up

HK$1,0001

2ⁿᵈ Runner Up

HK$5001

Merit Award (2 nos)

 

HK$2001

 –
Best Innovation Award

HK$1,000

My Favourite Pitching Award

HK$1,000

My Favourite Poster Award

Best Participation Award

1  The prize shall be delivered in book vouchers or any other prize of equivalent amount
2  The Champion team will have the opportunity to join a shadowing programme offered by Cyberport in a start-up or technology company in Hong Kong. (subject to the final arrangement of the YPEC 2021 organising committee)

 

SD / UG / PG / ON Section AWARDS

 

e-Certificate

Trophy Prize

Shadowing Opportunity

All Participants

Champion

HK$1,500

1

1st Runner Up

HK$1,000

2ⁿᵈ Runner Up

HK$500

Best Innovation Award

HK$1,000

My Favourite Pitching Award

HK$1,000

My Favourite Poster Award

1 The Champion team will have the opportunity to join a shadowing programme offered by Cyberport in a start-up or technology company in Hong Kong. (subject to the final arrangement of the YPEC 2021 organising committee)

 

FOLLOW ME to know more about PATW

Deliverables

SS SECTION

Each Secondary School team has to submit:

Project Abstract

> No more than 200 words in English
> Microsoft Word format
> Assessed for screening (if necessary) and competition

Standard template of the project abstract is available in DOWNLOADS. Each team shall email the abstract to submission@ietypec.org by the DUE DATE.

Presentation

> 10-min Presentation + 5-min Q&A
> English ONLY
> Multimedia presentation
> Students in proper school uniform

Structure (not restricted except for front page)
> Front page (inc. team member names, school name, project title)
> Content page
> Introduction and background
> Main body of presentation
> Conclusion

The presentation teams should ensure their connection & equipment are available for presentation.

Each team shall email the presentation to submission@ietypec.org by the DUE DATE.

Poster

Each team should submit one poster PDF file to explicate their project, explain and demonstrate their ideas.
> Size of the poster should be A0
> Should not be more than 25Mb.
> Poster should be in English

Those teams should submit their poster designs before DUE DATE to submission@ietypec.org, clearly stating their team number and the name of affiliation.

Apart from the abovementioned compulsory submissions, teams are recommended to deliver the following items to compete for the relevant awards:

2-minute Pitching (Optional)

Each team can submit a 2-minute Pitching Video to briefly explain their ideas and compete for My Favourite Pitching Award.

> No more than 2-minute pitching video (English)

Those teams who would like to compete for the award should submit their video before the video submission DUE DATE to submission@ietypec.org, clearly stating their team number and the name of affiliation.

 

Product (Optional)

The “product” could be a model, photos or videos that demonstrate the ideas of the project.

SD / UG / PG / ON  SECTION

Each Sub-Degree / UnderGraduate / PostGraduate / OpeN Section team has to submit: 

Project Abstract

> No more than 200 words in English
> Microsoft Word format
> Assessed for screening (if necessary) and competition

Standard template of the project abstract is available in DOWNLOADS. Each team shall email the abstract to submission@ietypec.org by the DUE DATE.

Presentation

> 10-min Presentation + 5-min Q&A
> English ONLY
> Multimedia presentation
> Business formal attire

Structure (not restricted except for front page)
> Front page (inc. team member names, section, project title)
> Content page
> Introduction and background
> Main body of presentation
> Conclusion

The presentation teams should ensure their connection & equipment are available for presentation.

Each team shall email the presentation to submission@ietypec.org by the DUE DATE.

Poster

Each team should submit one poster PDF file to explicate their project, explain and demonstrate their ideas.
> Size of the poster should be A0
> Should not be more than 25Mb.
> Poster should be in English

Those teams should submit their poster designs before DUE DATE to submission@ietypec.org, clearly stating their team number and the name of affiliation.

Apart from the abovementioned compulsory submissions, teams are recommended to deliver the following items to compete for the relevant awards:

2-minute Pitching (Optional)

Each team can submit a 2-minute Pitching Video to briefly explain their ideas and compete for My Favourite Pitching Award.

> No more than 2-minute pitching video (English)

Those teams who would like to compete for the award should submit their video before the video submission DUE DATE to submission@ietypec.org, clearly stating their team number and the name of affiliation.

Product (Options)

The “product” could be a model, photos or videos that demonstrate the ideas of the project.

Info Sheets are downloadable HERE

YPEC 2021 Information Sheets are the only official source of event information unless otherwise specified.